The RM1689 is an embedded cable device utilizing RedMere’s chip technology incorporating features for CAT 2 High Speed HDMI® Cables with Ethernet. Data rates up to 3.4Gbps are supported, i.e. 1440p DTV resolutions, 16-bit color depth and 120Hz refresh rates. The RM1689 can be mounted on a simple module to fit compactly inside the sink-side casing of an active HDMI cable assembly. The chip design incorporates a high performance equalizer and adopts innovative power harvesting techniques (no external power).
- Can be embedded in high speed HDMI cable with Ethernet & high speed HDMI cable
- Enables CAT 2 High Speed HDMI® Cables with Ethernet for data rates up to 3.4Gbps
- No external power required
- Integrated equalizer
- Cable skew correction
- 16-bit color resolution at 1080p
- Internal voltage regulator
- On-chip 50 Ohm input termination
- Auto self-test for cable production
- 32 pin QFN
RedMere's chip technology caters for speed variations. RM1690 and RM1692 supports data rates of up to 2.25Gbps and 1.485Gbps respectively. Please contact RedMere for more information on these chip products.
|Product Brief||Data Sheet||Application Note||Downloads|